The benefits of line drying your laundry can seem obvious. Yet despite those obvious benefits many still use their dryer. Here are six reasons to switch over and use a clothesline sooner, rather than later.
- Hanging your clothes out on a clothesline is good for your bottom line. An average household dryer can cost an estimated $200 annually to run. It may seem a small amount, but it all adds up.
- Line drying enhances the freshness of your clothes between helping eliminate odors, and leaving your clothes smelling more like nature.
- Putting your clothes in the dryer to tumble and toss causes wear and tear on your clothes. Hang drying them extends their lifespan.
- Placing your clothes to dry on a clothesline promotes a healthy lifestyle as exercise you can perform without even leaving your home. Not to mention this time can present a peaceful outdoor activity.
- Line drying helps to prevent fire risks caused by tumble dryers.
- And during the cold, winter months using an indoor clothesline can help put more humidity inside your home when the air is driest and your nasal passages feel it most.